Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, August 13, 2010

How we began




After 6 months of blissful marriage my husband, Trevor, and I decided that we were ready to start a family. I stopped taking birth control and we decided that we would leave it up to fate. "Whatever happens happens" was our philosophy. Well it happed- the very next month! We were thrilled!








My pregnancy was great- I felt great. Up until 36 weeks everything was very normal and uneventful. At my 36 week appointment my OB told me that I was suddenly measuring very small- she sent me for an ultrasound and we determined that our baby girl was petite (around the 30th%). A week later in the middle of the night my water broke- it was time! I was overcome with emotions- anxious to meet my baby, scared of labor, nervous about how my life was going to change, excited to become a mom. After 20 hours of intense, up and down labor- Isla Jayde made her debut at 9:25pm on December 22, 2009! I immediately started crying and I think everyone else did too! We were over the moon! Isla was tiny- weighing 5 pounds 4 ounces and measuring 17 ½ inches! She was in the 3rd%. After a couple days in the hospital Mom and baby were sent home- actually it was Christmas Eve!



 


We had an amazing Christmas and I quickly settled into my new role as Mom. Trevor and I were so in love with Isla and we loved being parents to our beautiful daughter. We couldn’t ask for anything more. We found ourselves staring at her when she slept and kissing her all the time. I loved seeing him as a Dad- he was amazing with her. We were such a happy little family!

No comments:

Post a Comment